Numerous scholarships are available to college-bound students from local and statewide organizations. Here is a list of offerings during the past school year. As they become available for the Class of 2019, seniors will be notified via WCS email. Paper applications can be obtained in the Guidance Office. Check often for updates, since deadlines vary and additional information may change from year to year.
American Legion Auxiliary
- Seven (7) different scholarships are available. Applicants must be a daughter/son, granddaughter/grandson or great-granddaughter/grandson of a veteran.
- Department of New York Scholarship - $1,000
- 6th District Scholarship - $1,000
- Raymond Wellington Memorial Scholarship - $1,000
- MaryAnn Murtha Memorial Scholarship - $1,000
- Helen Klimek Student Scholarship - $1,000
- Past President's Parley Scholarship in Medical Field - (15) awards in the amount of $5,000 each
- Children of Warriors National Scholarship - Three (3) awards (one each) of $3,500, $3,000 and $2,500NYSIR Foundation Scholarship Program
(New York Schools Insurance Reciprocal)
- The Bambino Scholarship, awarded to special education students for their outstanding efforts to complete high school and be accepted at college
- The Jensen Scholarship, awarded to students who have demonstrated inspired design and building skills in high school and wish to pursue their talents in college
- The Goncalves Scholarship, awarded to NY college-bound seniors who have demonstrated a record of involvement and work for a cause or organization that actively promotes social justice and equal opportunityChen-Del-O Federal Credit Union Scholarship
- Three (3) scholarships of $500 each available to members onlyFiremen's Association of the State of New York
- (25) scholarships of $1,500 each awarded throughout the state. Applicants must be actively participating as volunteer firefighters, junior firefighters or in an EMS programSFCU Scholarship
- Award ranges from $500 to $1,000 with the amount determined upon application. Recipients must be the primary member of an SFCU account.Association of Fire Districts of the State of New York
- Ned Carter Memorial Scholarship - Four (4) scholarships of $1,500 each. Student applicants must be a firefighter or related to a firefighter, or be an explorer in a fire department/district that is a current paid member in good standing of the Association of Fire DistrictsGrand Lodge Educational Assistance Program
- Awards totaling over $500,000 are made annually. Applicants must be a son/daughter or grandson/granddaughter of Master Mason in good standing at a NYS lodgeEmpire State Potato Growers
- An annual scholarship of $500 per academic year for up to four (4) years given to a student pursuing college studies to benefit the agricultural industryAmerican Society of Military Comptrollers
- Multiple scholarships ranging from $200 to $3,000 are available to students entering the fields of Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration or EconomicsThe New York Water Environment Association
- Offering a total of $50,000 in multiple scholarships, including an Environmental Career Scholarship of $10,000. Visit NYWEA.org/scholarship
for more details.Otsego County Federation of Sportsment
- $250 to be awarded to an Otsego County senior pursuing a career in Criminal Justice, Environmental Science, Forestry, Fisheries or WildlifeCatskill Community Players
- Two (2) awards of $100 each to seniors accepted to institutes of higher learning with majors in music education or an area of performing artsFox Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship
- $2,000 given to a senior who has been accepted to college or nursing school, and entering a human health related field of studyThe Otsego-Schoharie and Delaware Masonic Charities, Inc.
- Four (4) scholarships of $750 each. Open to all seniors; applicants need not be related to a MasonLake and Valley Garden Club
- $500 awarded to a senior pursuing studies in horticulture, botany, landscape design or related fieldsPharmacists Society of the State of New York (PSSNY)
- (1) award of $500 to a graduating senior pursuing a career in pharmacy and (1) scholarship of $1,000 open to any student in years 1 through 4 of college for pharmacyOtsego Electric Cooperative Inc.
- Applicants must have a parent/guardian who is a member of the Otsego Electric Cooperative, and must have an average of B or above.Leatherstocking Credit Union
- (3) awards of $500 each and (2) awards of $250 each to graduating seniors with an average of B or aboveOtsego County Women's Republican Club
- An award of $500 to a graduating student who has been accepted to college and has a GPA of at least 85% over his/her high school career.