Worcester Central School strives to provide an environment that is positive and supportive of the needs of every child as he or she works to develop to their highest potential. The faculty and staff believe that all students can learn and achieve regardless of their previous performance, family background, socioeconomic status, race and/or gender. Further, in collaboration with parents, we have the responsibility to instill those values that society espouses; accountability, trust, respect, commitment and work ethic to name a few. Every student will leave Worcester with the ability to approach the demands with which they will be faced after graduation.
- Everyone will work together to support our students.
- Everyone will strive to achieve at the highest levels.
- Everyone will contribute and be accountable for our success.
- To achieve at our best, we have to expect the best.
- All students can learn given the right conditions to excel.
- We must look for innovative solutions to our problems.
- We must be fiscally responsible in all our decisions.
- All of us must hold ourselves to the highest levels of honesty and integrity.
- The success of our students is a shared responsibility that includes all students, parents, staff and residents.
- We must communicate openly, honestly and in good faith with each other and all our stakeholders.
BOE Meeting Schedule 2022-2023
BOE Meeting Calendar 2022-2023.pdf
Running for the WCS School Board
School board candidates must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old, qualified voters in the school district and able to read and write. They must be residents of the district continuously for one year before the election. They cannot be employed by the board on which they will serve or live in the same household with a family member who is also a member of the same school board. They may not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year and may not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
New York State School Boards Association - Running for Your Local Board
Budget Hearing and Budget Vote / Election
The Budget Hearing will take place on Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. at Worcester Central School. The Budget Vote and Board Election will be held on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the library at Worcester Central School.
Long Range Financial Plan