Eric Haley, Head Bus Driver
Click on the link below for transportation information:
The School Buses are Coming!
Statiscally, the school bus is by far the safest means of student transportation.
The beginning of the year brings new routes, new drivers, and sometimes students forget what is needed for busy parents and bus drivers to coordinate successful student pick-ups and drop-offs. Here are some reminders to help keep everyone on schedule:
- Safety is a team effort. There are some things that you can help us with to help keep your child safe on and off the bus.
- Have your child wait 15 feet from the road.
- Please have them ready when the bus comes. If a driver waits one minute for each child, then the bus would be forty minutes late.
- Please have your child watch the bus driver and wait for the bus Drivers signal, even if you are with them at the bus stop.
- Make certain they have backpacks that close, so that nothing falls out as they are crossing.
- Make sure your child does not have loose strings or straps that might get caught in the door or handrail when exiting the bus.
- If they drop something tell them not to retrieve it without the driver’s instructions.
- Remind them that, sometimes, cars will go past the red school bus lights and will not stop. They should always look both ways before exiting the bus and cross only on the drivers signal.
- Remind them to behave on the bus, when the bus driver is watching the students they are not paying attention to the road. The Driver’s main job is to safely drive the bus and keep your child safe at all times.
- Never let your child run after the bus if they miss it. Please call the school.
- Worcester Central School conducts 3 bus safety-training drills per year involving all students. This is important since all students will at some time ride on a school bus. WCS has an excellent record when it comes to safe, incident free pupil transportation. We look forward to another safe school year, if you have any questions or concerns please call the bus garage at 397-8873.
- If your child should be going anywhere in the afternoon other than where they were picked up, they must bring a note, written and signed by a parent or guardian. This note must also be presented to the Main Office at School, no later than 12, noon on the day of the transportation change.
If no one will be going to school on a particular day, then please call the bus garage ahead of time at 397-8873 or wave driver on. This is very helpful.
Anticipated bus numbers, drivers, and routes:
- Bus 81, Annette Southworth, Frog route, South America Rd., South Hill Rd., Tuscan Rd., and Park St.
- Bus 80, Dawn Tuthill, Turtle route, County Rts. 36 & 39, Decatur, Percy Holmes Rd., All Rd.
- Bus 78, AM - Tom Willenbacher / PM - Jeffrey Milavec Bear route, County Rts. 37 & 38 (North Rd.), Fish/Game, Mravlja Hill, Broad Acres Trlr.
- Bus 77, Roger Baker, Rabbit route, East Worcester east end, Brooker Hollow, Brighton Rd.,
- Bus 75, Misty Blanchard, Eagle route, West Hill Rd, Hill Rd, East Worcester west end, Depot & Maple St. loop
- Bus 83, Don Foster, Dinosaur route, Smith Rd, Head Rd., Center Valley Rd., Mooney Rd.
Click below for the Worcester Central School Walker Zones
Worcester Central School Walker Zones
If you have any questions please call the bus garage at (607) 397-8873 or Edmund Shultis at (607) 397-8875.